Monday, October 29, 2007

The Fire of Mike Gavel Part 2

Mark Lane noticed that Mike Gravel is polling below wouldn't vote in a Quinnipiac University Florida poll. That didn't stop FDP contention attendees from greeting him like a Roman general back from a great victory.

Biden 1%
Clinton 43
Dodd -
Edwards 12
Gravel -
Kucinich 1
Obama 18
Richardson 3
SMONE ELSE(VOL) 2
WLDN'T VOTE(VOL) 1
DK/NA 17

The convention was lacking Democrats with national name-recognition. Gravel spoke twice. Even local Democrats couldn't keep a straight face about Gravel.


Joked Steve Geller, Florida Senate Democratic leader: "Mike Gravel is a very serious candidate for president, and people should come out to watch him."


Even more hysterical, the convention's musical entertainment was billed as "the legendary band Orleans." People didn't who Orleans was when I told them the band was playing the convention.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 9:18 PM , Blogger Professor Rex said...

Yeah, I got to introduce Gravel one of those times and I was hoping they wouldn't take my picture with him...

I only knew who Orleans was because one of their members was on Colbert. I knew that song "Still the One," but wouldn't have known Orleans sang it if it weren't for Colbert.

But I didn't go to the convention for national celebrities. I went to network with people both inside and outside the Netroots and to help carve a bigger and more progressive voice within the party and on that measure it was quite a success.

 
At October 29, 2007 9:50 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

I understand why you went, Kenneth. I can't help but think that the FDP is a disaster.

 
At October 29, 2007 10:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've found that after two different tests comparing my concerns with other candidates' concerns, Gravel is the closest to me.

Looking at what his site has to say, I'm pretty much in agreement with everything BUT the Fair Tax (I've got questions there, boy do I have questions) and I have no clue as to what his feelings on Social Security are.

Second closest (on one of them) was Hillary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home