Monday, October 29, 2007

Litbrit Wins Best Writer



One of the things I wanted to do, when Litbrit came on to Pushing Rope, was make people in the Tampa and Florida blogosphere more aware of her writing. She was known nationally for writing on Shakesville and Ezra Klein. She received no attention in the Tampa blogosphere. She isn't even on the Sticks of Fire Tampa area blogroll. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to nominate the Litster when Kenneth Quinnell asked for nominations for the Florida Netroots awards. The rest is history.

Litbrit is the 2007 winner for best writer. Kenneth Quinnel sums up why she deserved to win.


Winner Best Writer: While I’m a little sad I didn’t win this category, I didn’t deserve to, since Litbrit is without a doubt the best writer we have in the Florida blogosphere. I voted for her myself. Now you need to start reading her writing much more frequently.


Writers often need encourage (and sometines large quantities of alcohol) to keep them inspired. Many political bloggers receive little traffic, but continue to write because of their passion for politics and self-expression. Litbrit has both qualities in spades. Pushing Rope is proud to have her as one of our members. We just get grumpy about having to share her with Shakes and Ezra.

In other news: I lost in the best national blogger category. Blast Off won and I wish Sinfonian the best. He was extremely gracious towards me and Mustang Bobby in his victory post.

My consolation is Reuters News running one of my blog posts. That is the first post that has ever been freelanced. The only problem is I never gave Reuters permission to run my entire posts. I did sign with Blogburst. Reuters runs posts from that service.

Today is a great day for the Florida progressive blogosphere.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 6:09 PM , Blogger Sinfonian said...

In other news: I lost in the best national blogger category. Blast Off won and I wish Sinfonian the best. He was extremely gracious towards me and Mustang Bobby in his victory post.

Thanks, Michael. As I've said, it's an honor to be considered in the same breath as you and Mustang Bobby.

Hope we can meet sometime ... I'm buying! ;)

 
At October 30, 2007 2:14 AM , Blogger Deborah Newell said...

Thank you, Michael. For your support and encouragement, for inviting me on board...for everything.

And congrats to you for the having your post picked up--that's brilliant!

(I've also properly thanked you at my place.)

 
At October 30, 2007 3:13 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

Oh shoot. I forgot to tell you. COOL on the reuters. You're so cool about it. but, YAY !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home