Monday, February 12, 2007

Amanda Marcotte Leaves Edwards Campaign

Amanda Marcotte has officially resigned from the John Edwards campaign. I'm sorry to see her leave the campaign. I thought Edwards keeping Amanda and Shakes was a big victory against the right-wing shrill machine. Bill Donahue would not relent until he got his pound of flesh.


I was hired by the Edwards campaign for the skills and talents I bring to the table, and my willingness to work hard for what’s right. Unfortunately, Bill Donohue and his calvacade of right wing shills don’t respect that a mere woman like me could be hired for my skills, and pretended that John Edwards had to be held accountable for some of my personal, non-mainstream views on religious influence on politics (I’m anti-theocracy, for those who were keeping track). Bill Donohue—anti-Semite, right wing lackey whose entire job is to create non-controversies in order to derail liberal politics—has been running a scorched earth campaign to get me fired for my personal beliefs and my writings on this blog.


Donahue is a real charmer. His comments on Scarborough County makes one wonder how can he point a finger at Amanda. The words "glass houses" and "stones" come to mind.


Who really cares what Hollywood thinks? All these hacks come out there. Hollywood is controlled by secular Jews who hate Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular. It‘s not a secret, OK? And I‘m not afraid to say it. That‘s why they hate this movie. It‘s about Jesus Christ, and it‘s about truth. It‘s about the messiah.


Hollywood likes anal sex. They like to see the public square without nativity scenes. I like families. I like children. They like abortions. I believe in traditional values and restraint. They believe in libertinism. We have nothing in common. But you know what? The culture war has been ongoing for a long time. Their side has lost.


You have got secular Jews. You have got embittered ex-Catholics, including a lot of ex-Catholic priests who hate the Catholic Church, wacko Protestants in the same group, and these people are in the margins. Frankly, Michael Moore represents a cult movie. Mel Gibson represents the mainstream of America.


Can't you just feel the love of Christ flowing through Donahue?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 4:53 PM , Blogger Deborah Newell said...

This is just dreadful. I hope to goodness that Melissa (Shakes) is still on board.

What a mess. Did you catch Bill O's spew last night? (Scroll down to Opinion and click on the Extreme Team story next to his mugshot).

 
At February 13, 2007 5:02 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Litbrit, I can't the video to play. I see if I can watch it somewhere else. I hope Crooks and Liars have it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home