Thursday, February 08, 2007

Shakes & Amanda Stay On

The wingnuts lost. John Edwards is going to keep Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan on the campaign.


The tone and the sentiment of some of Amanda Marcotte’s and Melissa McEwan’s posts personally offended me. It’s not how I talk to people, and it’s not how I expect the people who work for me to talk to people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that kind of intolerant language will not be permitted from anyone on my campaign, whether it’s intended as satire, humor, or anything else. But I also believe in giving everyone a fair shake. I’ve talked to Amanda and Melissa; they have both assured me that it was never their intention to malign anyone’s faith, and I take them at their word.


Michelle "Blockquote Queen" Malkin takes time out from writing half-hearted disclaimers and corrections to go on a blockquoting frenzy. She let's us know the thoughts of several other conservative bloggers on Marcotte and McEwan being retained. Malkin was at ground zero at this shit storm. Doesn't she have any thoughts on the subject? She makes a living as a columnist. I'm not asking for prose the length of the Iliad.

Malkin does say, "Hear me now, believe me later, Johnny E.: If you lay down with nutroots, it will be hard to get back up."

Wow. That's so deep. Perhaps she should stick to blockquoting. Raise your hands if you think Malkin would have blockquoted a positive post if Edwards fired Amanda and Shakes.

Dear reader, not counting Ann Coulter, name another syndicated columnist who would make a video like this?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home