Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Field of Bad Dreams



Wayne Garcia appears on the never-watched Tampa Bay's Media Talk to discuss Jim Norman's $40 million pork project. Who really needs a sports arena around the Plant City area?

A point I disagree with Garcia is I don't see a glorified little league sports facility making a profit. I have written about how sports venues are a drain to tax dollars.

Tampa City Council member John Dingfelder made a great comment to Ronda Storms.


Dingfelder: I'll tell you what's ironic. You know what's ironic is for us to call (the streetcar) a boondoggle when you guys (the County Commission) vote on a $40 million sports complex out there. That's the biggest bonndoggle I've ever read about in the newspaper, and you voted for that, I'll remind you.


Yes, it is.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 03, 2007 7:05 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

Norman never gave up.

Do I smell KICKBACKS all around????

Forty MILLION???????????

This better not pass.
At the root of every problem in this county is the County Commission. They are FOR SHIT.

RECALL THEM. I just keep saying that because it royally pisses someone off .... LOL !!! AND, I hope it happens. I hope someone at least takes them in to court. Personally AND in their 'professional' thieving positions...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home