Monday, March 06, 2006

Pork v. Pork

The setting is a county transit meeting. Hillsborough County Commissioner Ronda Storms and Tampa City Councilman John Dingfelder argue over who has the most ridiculous pork project. Hilarity ensues.

Dingfelder: I think we're trying to have an informal discussion. Why can't you handle that? You know, we're not in County Commission chambers, why can't we have an informal discussion?

Storms: Because I like to finish my thought without being interrupted. It's called civility. I reccommend it to you. Kind of ironic, don't you think. (Laughs.) So, the bottom line is ...

Dingfelder: I'll tell you what's ironic. You know what's ironic is for us to call (the streetcar) a boondoggle when you guys (the County Commission) vote on a $40 million sports complex out there. That's the biggest bonndoggle I've ever read about in the newspaper, and you voted for that, I'll remind you.

(Long pause.)

Storms: That's unfortunate, Mr. Dingfelder.

Dingfelder: So when that goes belly up, then you figure it out.

When the streetcar and sports complex go "belly up", the taxpayers will be stuck with the bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home