Monday, September 10, 2007

Little Earthquakes

Hey kids, it's me again, tas. After some brief wall-to-wall discussions on Facebook, Michael has invited me back for a second tour of guestblogging duty here at Pushing Rope. My first tour was over a ywar ago, in May of 2006, when Michael's then new blog was in its nascent stages. But with this post, I helped in pushing some rope closer to the bigtime. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

Rob Port [blogger for Say Anything], the goddamn brainless fucking moron who straps on some kneepads to suck Republican cock everytime he writes on his blog, has these keen words of wisdom about the revelation Bush has used to NSA to make a database of damn near every domestic phone call made in America.

Ahhh yes. That's fucking poerty in motion right there, don'tcha think? I liked the prose in my post title, too: Suit this asshole up for a brown shirt and red armband, he's ready!

There ain't nothing like the good ole days.

I've promised Michael that I'd get him in trouble again but, honestly, I don't feel like dealing with the bullshit coming out of the wingnut portion of our blogosphere anymore. Those people are not representative of America, intelligence in general, or even they're own party, really. Hang out with some normal Republicans and discuss politics with them and you might even agree with them on a few things... But this I know for sure: most normal Republicans, like normal people in general, are not rabid Bush fans. They're nothing like the morons of Rob Port's stock whose minds are so vacant that the only thing echoing in there are boilerplate White House talking points. Don't let they're popularity on the internet fool you, these wingnuts are marginalized in our current state of politics. So why bother combatting them?

Unfortunately for the rest of you, this means that my writing will probably be of a more benign nature. But I like it that way -- it's better on my nerves. Plus I'm focusing on what I view to be more important things. Speaking of which, my semester just began and I've just moved to a new area, so I've been preoccupied with my academic and social life lately. Translation: I probably won't push too much rope here. This may or may not be the last post you see from me before Pakistani President Musharraf gets sacked (and thank gawd). But who knows?

Oh, and feel free to visit me on my newish blog: Sugar Land is Dreaming.

3 Comments:

At September 10, 2007 4:25 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

wow --- this felt good.

ohhhh get michael in trouble. that would be fun.

as usual, you're right. they're hardly worth paying attention to. I have some very normal republican friends. They show me advertisements for tickers for the countdown of the 'end of the error'. LOL.
still --- it all sucks.
I hope the real republicans stand UP soon.

 
At September 10, 2007 5:07 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Welcome aboard. I know I'll regret this later. ;)

 
At September 10, 2007 10:10 PM , Blogger Tucker said...

The real Reublicans will probably stand up by sitting down... If that makes any sense. (Don't mind me, I don't like making sense sometimes.) But I don't see any candidate on their side energizing the base in 2008. With Fred Thompson in the race, it's now looking more and more like Rudy is going to win the nomination, and I can't wait for that. Social conservatives won't vote for him, and Rucy's lack of charisma makes even Hillary look like the most charming person in the country. Rudy's public speaking skills are dogshit, too. And he's got a ttrack record of incompetence a mile long. I'd love to see him win the nomination just to get clobbered in the regular election.

I still think the nomination is Newt's should he throw his hat into the ring, but that's looking less and less like a possibility.

Anyways.. I'll make sure you regret this later, Michael. Don't worry. heh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home