Monday, September 10, 2007

Obamamania

It's amazing how many people Barack Obama is drwing to his campaign events. It's the political equivalent of Beatlemania.


Democrat Barack Obama touched down tonight in Portland just long enough to whip up local support for his presidential bid and collect about $200,000 in contributions.


Obama, running second in most national polls behind Hillary Clinton, spoke to a fired-up crowd of about 4,000 who paid at least $25 each to attend his appearance at the Oregon Convention Center. He pledged to start pulling troops out of Iraq, pass major health care reform and require better fuel efficiencies in cars immediately after taking office.


Here is a clip of Obama's Portland appearance.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 10, 2007 4:27 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

It's scary. He does nothing for me which really surprised me.
I thought I would go for him and his speech big time and that would be it.
But he left me flat. Rhetoric spun out borrowed from others with pauses in between.
He's just not the one.
Maybe with some seasoning.
He's HOT. I wouldn't MIND him being President but I'd certainly prefer that he not be.
I'm not ready for the 'anything but bush' mode yet. LOL

 
At September 10, 2007 10:03 PM , Blogger Tucker said...

Interesting fact to ponder: In the summer during the 2000 campaign, Ralph Nader was drawing at least 12,000 people to "super-rallies" -- and those people all paid at least $12 a head just to attend, so Nader didn't draw those numbers with a free event.

Nader also ended up with nearly 3% of the popular vote.

So the amount of people a candidate draws to their rally really means nothing to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home