Saturday, April 07, 2012

Quote of the Day

"I am not very careful about what I say, having grown up in an era before Political Correctness, and never having interalized the necessary restraits. I am a homophobe, though a mild and tolerant one, and a racist, though an even more mild and tolerant one, and those things are going to be illegal pretty soon, the way we are going."

John Derbyshire, in a 2003 interview. This comes as no surprise to me. Derbyshire told Alan Colmes he supports repealing the Civil Rights Act and women's right to vote.

Derbyshire got into hot water over a now deleted post at Taki Mag. Red State blogger Leon Wolf writes that it is time for the National Review to fire Derbyshire.


The longer this drags on without a definitive severing of the relationship, the more damage will be done to National Review. I cannot imagine what sort of deliberation is required to make this decision, but I hope, for National Review’s sake, that it can be completed before the weekend is over.


Update: The National Review has fired John Derbyshire.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home