Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tina Dupuy Now At Crooks and Liars

One of my favorite people Tina Dupuy has been hired as managing editor of Crooks and Liars. When I first started reading Tina's blog she was a stand-up comedian. Tina explained in an interview she started freelancing articles after a blogger wrote about her writing.


It's a great exercise as a writer. A guy wrote on his blog that I wrote better than some columnists. You'd think I'd be flattered. Yet, I immediately thought, "Wow. I'm a loser. I should submit my work to newspapers." So I started doing that. A couple of pieces have gotten published. Which may have not happened if I wasn't obsessively writing a blog almost everyday for two years.


Who was that asshole made Tina feel bad.


“But her blog posts are humorous and on target. She writes better than many columnists.” -Michael Hussey in 2005


Congratulations to Tina. Here is a video of Tina from her stand-up comedy days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home