Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Saint Petersblog's Bromance With the Florida Chamber of Commerce II

Peter Schorsch ran another Florida Chamber of Commerce press release. You can hit the link to find out what the post is about. It isn't my job to do media relations for the Florida Chamber of Commerce. I will say that what Peter published should not even be considered blogging. It is copying and pasting an entire Florida Chamber of Commerce press release. I have openly asked Schorsch why he is allowing his blog to be a media relations office for the Florida Chamber of Commerce.


SCHORSCH: For the record, at this time, I do not have, nor have I had an advertising relationship with the Florida Chamber. They just supply a lot of content of interest to my readers.


Glenn Reynolds usually uses that defense when linking to the posts of racists bloggers. Schorsch has an opinion on just about every major and minor player in Florida politics. Schorsch has no opinion about the lobbying organization responsible for the legislation that Gov. Rick Scott signed. Has the cat really got Schorsch's tongue? This must be a first.

Schorsch is either scared of the Florida Chamber of Commerce or wants to do business with them. The one thing I don't buy is Schorsch not having an opinion. Saint Petersblog is Schorsch's creation. If he wants to copy and paste the Florida Chamber's press releases then he can have at it. However, progressives should be aware that Schorsch will not join the ranks to fight the Florida Chamber.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 5:09 PM , Anonymous Peter Schorsch said...

But Michael, you forgot about this gem.

http://saintpetersblog.com/2011/03/six-injured-after-liberal-hooligans-storm-florida-chamber-of-commerce/

In the meantime, its not that I have a bromance, it's just that the Chamber puts out pretty good content which I believe is of interest to my readers, many of whom are Republican (oh no!) politicos.

I actually think just the posting of the information from the Chamber is an editorial decision in and of itself.

I may or may not want to do business with the Florida Chamber, I really don't know. If they wanted to advertise, I'd be happy to partner with them. If they don't, so be it.

I just don't view the Chamber as much of an evil as the 100 other individuals and groups that deserve my wrath.

Seriously, there is no fire behind this smoke.

 
At June 14, 2011 5:14 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Peter, do you want me to mention that Kenneth Quinnell led a protest that turned ugly. Fine. There.

Peter, Wilson was behind the legislation to make to unemployed pay for drug testing. I think you need to take off those rose colored glasses.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home