Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kendrick Meek in His Own Words

Kendrick Meek has taken exception with a Mike Thomas op-ed. Meek needed to respond to the allegations that he placed earmarks in the budget, in return for favors developer Dennis Stackhouse did for his mother Carrie Meek and former Chief of Staff Anthony Williams.

Meek does not deny that Stackhouse leased a Cadillac for his mother. Meek said he was unaware.


I am not my mother's accountant. She saved money her entire life, and had leased two Cadillacs previously. Why would I ask her about a third lease?


Meek said he was not aware of Stackhouse helping Williams with his mortgage until recently.


Weeks ago I learned a former member of my staff allowed the same developer to help him get a home loan. He abused the privilege of his position. Had I known about his activities, he would have been fired. He has not worked for me in more than three years.


That is Meek's version of the events.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home