Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shorter Michael Steele: Republicans Are Scared of Blacks

RNC Chairman Michael Steele has an interesting way of telling people the Republican Party is a big tent. Steele tells Roland Martin Republicans are terrified of black people.


MARTIN: One of the criticisms I've always had is Republicans -- white Republicans -- have been scared of black folks.

STEELE: You're absolutely right. I mean I've been in the room and they've been scared of me. I'm like, "I'm on your side" and so I can imagine going out there and talking to someone like you, you know, [you're like,] "I'll listen." And they're like "Well." Let me tell you.


Steele is having a moment of candor. I'm sure Steele has had uncomfortable moments with white Republicans. As the RNC Chairman, it is a horrible message for Steele to give minority voters.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home