Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Three Cheers For Katie Couric

It is rare when the mainstream media gets things right. CBS News anchor Katie Couric took the media to task for sexist remarks against Hillary Clinton. Couric pointed out Tucker Carlson's sexist statement.


On the July 16 edition of MSNBC's Tucker, discussing presidential candidate Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY), producer Willie Geist described a Clinton doll being advertised at the website HillaryNutcracker.com that features "serrated stainless steel thighs that, well, crack nuts," according to Geist. He introduced the story by saying, "I think the metaphor in this next story, Tucker, is pretty clear. So I will just report the straight facts." He later asked, "What do you think they're saying about Hillary?" Host Tucker Carlson replied, "I have often said, when she comes on television, I involuntarily cross my legs."


The nation has a federal deficit and two wars. The best Tucker and MSNBC could do was talk about an obscure web site. No wonder cable news ratings are tanking.

Couric: Like her or not, one of the great lessons of that campaign is the continued and accepted role of sexism in American life. Particularly, in the media... mainstream pundits saying they instinctively cross their legs at the mention of her name.

I instinctively rub my temple every time I watch Tucker. I instinctively that a migrane headache is coming.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home