Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pushing Rope Not Member of FNC

I was asked by the media if Pushing Rope is a member of the Florida Netroots Coalition. The answer is no. The blog isn't even on the FNC blogroll. Gene Smith officially announced that the FNC is an official Florida Democratic Party club.


On Sunday, October 28, 2007, the Florida Democratic Party Central Committee approved the recommendation of the Committee on Clubs, Caucuses and Organizations to grant approval to the charter application of the Florida Democratic Party Netroots Coalition.


Only two Pushing Rope members live in Florida. The others have no dealings with the Florida netroots. Litbrit and I are not members of the FNC. I do wish the FNC luck and congratulate them on their new status.

Update: Kenneth Quinnell informed me that the Florida Netroots blog is not affiliated with the Florida Netroots Coalition.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 30, 2007 10:16 PM , Blogger Professor Rex said...

You are actually confusing two different things here. Florida Netroots, the blog you linked to, is a blog created by Jennifer Killingsworth and has nothing to do with the Democratic party in any official sense.

The Florida Democratic Party Netroots Coalition, a 100% different entity, is an official constituency caucus within the Democratic Party. It does not currently have a web site. I am the president of that organization, if people have questions about it, send them to me...

 
At October 30, 2007 10:48 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Understood. I will delink the site.

 
At October 30, 2007 11:12 PM , Blogger Professor Rex said...

I have a full explanation posted at flaprogressives.org. Thanks for letting me know there was some confusion.

 
At October 31, 2007 10:24 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Please delink my site - I don't want people to confuse it with the FNC.

 
At October 31, 2007 1:06 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

I get email from both concerning both so it was an issue of confusion.
OR it could BE that some members of one are members of BOTH. overlap.

I'm still a bit confused but I will figure it out in due time.

Asked by the MEDIA?? TELL TELL TELL.

Wassup wid dat??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home