Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fred Thompson News

Another supporter has jumped Admiral Fred Thompson's ship. This time it's Dan Hughes. He saw the the sinking USS John McCain as more promising. Hughes was the chirman of Thompson's New Hampshire's campaign. Hughes told The Hill that Thompson is writing off New Hampshire.


“It looks like their campaign was probably going to be a page out of the George Bush campaign, where you lose New Hampshire and concentrate on South Carolina,” Hughes told The Hill. “I don’t want to be a token chairman for a token campaign.”


Thompson has not even filed to run in the state. He also seems to be bothered by the state's tradition of voters asking candidates pesky policy questions.

Dean Spiliotes of NHPoliticalCapital.com said Thompson's strategy is to focus on winning South Carolina and Florida. The Admiral is sucking big time ass in the latter. Bush fundraisers already picked a candidate by the time Thompson announced his candidacy. Only Zachariah Zachariah has hosted a Thompson fundraiser. Thompson's horrible performance at the Florida Republican Party convention has scared potential supporters away.

Thompson explains his Orlando performance.


''The proof's in the pudding,'' said the only presidential contender to make two extended campaign swings through Florida.


''I do what I feel like I'm comfortable with and what the occasion calls for,'' Thompson added. ``I'm doing it in the way I feel like I ought to do it, and people are just going to have to get used to it.''


Thompson is innovating modern campaigning with a strategy of writing off key states, horrible fundraising, terrible speaking skills and constantly firing staffers. I can't fault him on his originality.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2007 12:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Fred Thompson News"

I'll add that to my list of oxymorons.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home