Wednesday, October 24, 2007

When Wingnuts Collide: Redstate.com vs Ron Paul Supporters

Via Pam Spaulding: How I love when wingnuts fight. Redstate.com has banned Ron Paul supporters.


Effective immediately, new users may *not* shill for Ron Paul in any way shape, form or fashion. Not in comments, not in diaries, nada. If your account is less than 6 months old, you can talk about something else, you can participate in the other threads and be your zany libertarian self all you want, but you cannot pimp Ron Paul. Those with accounts more than six months old may proceed as normal.


Now, I could offer a long-winded explanation for *why* this new policy is being instituted, but I'm guessing that most of you can probably guess. Unless you lack the self-awareness to understand just how annoying, time-consuming, and bandwidth-wasting responding to the same idiotic arguments from a bunch of liberals pretending to be Republicans can be. Which, judging by your comment history, you really don't understand, so allow me to offer an alternate explanation: we are a bunch of fascists and we're upset that you've discovered where we keep the black helicopters, so we're silencing you in an attempt to keep you from warning the rest of your brethren so we can round you all up and send you to re-education camps all at once.


This smacks of cencership and Republican bloggers attempting to keep themselves in the conservative bubble. This is why the major pro-Republican blogs (Instapundit, The Corner and Power Line) The major conservative blogs that do allow comments are either screened have the Little Green Footballs brigade that will attack any dissent. Redstate.com has the right to moderate their forum to their liking.

It is ultimately their call if they will allow Ron Paul supporters to comment or post. I find it hysterical they are so bothered by a candidate that has no chance of getting the GOP nomination. Perhaps the Red Staters don't want to be bothered the those pesky facts of what a cluster fuck the Iraq war has become.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 25, 2007 1:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deleted my comment yesterday and stated my site, my rules. Practice what you preach.

 
At October 25, 2007 7:21 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

You're telling me you are Leon H Wolf. Riiiight.

 
At October 26, 2007 1:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

here is what you wrote. Can you say busted!!!!


Michael Hussey said...

I can delete any comment I want to. My site. My rules. If any wingnut doesn't like this site then they don't have to read it. I'm certainly not going to have them start flame wars in the comment threads.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home