Thursday, September 20, 2007

Coulter continues to beam with pride over the fact that she called John Edwards a "faggot"

Ann Coulter spammed me with an email a few days ago, telling me her new book is coming out soon. And it'll be great. So great, in fact, Ann belts out this line to compare it with her other work:
For liberals who enjoy exclaiming, "This time, she's gone too far!" the quotes in this book will make that crack about Edwards look like a frosty beer on a hot summer day.
Classy.

I must admit, Coulter knows her target audience. I was there when Coulter uttered her infamous crack about Edwards. And despite all the token repudiation from wingnut bloggers who like to try and make us think that Coulter doesn't espouse the values of the conservative movement, the conservative base spoke for themselves. As I collected my jaw from the floor directly after Coulter's bombshell, everyone around me -- and I mean everyone -- were cheering as loud as they could. And I was surrounded by thousands of conservatives.

Coulter knows that what she said is wrong, but instead of offering an apology or even trying to distance herself from the Edwards crack, she's using it to pimp her new book.

No recantation, no shame. No recognition of any wrongdoing. How so very... Republican.

[Crossposted from Sugar Land is Dreaming]

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2007 5:56 PM , Blogger tas said...

Have you ever tried to read one of her books? If you have, then you won't believe that she can actually write one...

Now, I'll admit, I've never actually tried reading one of her books, but I subscribe to conservative podcasts and sometimes I receive Coulter audiobook podcasts, read by the author herself. So, it's like reading... And just as infuriating. It's difficult to listen to because everything she says/writes is a complete and total falsehood. Your frustration level just goes through the roof and, after 15 minutes, you shut it off.

 
At September 23, 2007 4:32 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

I admire your courage. I DID open the front cover of 'godless' once ... nope, I really could not read it.
I did try for a second. I'm not sure I've ever heard her voice. Maybe a utube.
My loathing for her is based on ... ..... well, it's unprintable. LOL.

good idea on subscribing to conservative podcasts. I wish I had your nerve. I'll try. I know it's the smart thing to do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home