Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tampa City Council Runoff Results

All the precincts have been counted in the dictricts 1 and 7 Tampa City Council races. It's bad news for Joe Redner.

District 1

Gwen Miller - 56.47 percent
Joe Redner - 43.53 percent

District 7

Joseph Caetano - 59.54 percent
Frank Margarella - 40.46 percent

Okay gang. Question for the comments. Did you want to see Redner win or are you glad that he is not going to serve on City Council. It seems like he blew his momentum by offering people free admission to Mons Venus if they voted.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 27, 2007 10:54 PM , Blogger Jim Johnson said...

As a political observer, I think Redner would have been an interesting addition to the Council. It's more from an entertainment perspective, though. Miller didn't impress me with her grasp of policies or even her own record... but at least she is a known factor. So, as a concerned citizen, Miller was the better choice.

 
At March 29, 2007 12:06 AM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

Well, I'm disappointed. I admit to not knowing much about Gwen but from what I've heard, there's not much to know.
I wish he had not done that free admission thing. Actually he was encouraging people to vote but ... well --- he probably lost some.
I offered to go on board as his ethics person to kinda stand off to the side and thumbs up or down things. He needs an objective fan, for sure. I am one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home