Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Steve Stanton Newsweek Interview



Former Creative Loafing reporter Lynn Waddell interviews Steve Stanton on being his firing and going through the medical changes to become a woman.


When did you decide to make the transition?


It wasn’t something I wanted to do. It was something I had to do. Nobody can imagine the turmoil. Around 2005 I realized, “I can’t continue living part time.” A couple of years ago we had a police officer who committed suicide. I did not understand how anybody could take their life until this thing started creeping in on me. You can’t go back, and you’re too afraid to go forward. When I started thinking that way is when I realized I needed to re-evaluate my life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home