Tuesday, February 27, 2007

All In the Family

Oh. My. God.


Just when you think you have heard it all, up pops news that brings us around full circle. The latest buzz is Al Sharpton’s shocking news that he has ancestral ties to Strom Thurmond of South Carolina.


According to Mike Ward, a genealogist with Ancestry.com, “Based on the paper trail, it seems pretty evident that the connection is there.” Now Sharpton is asking for a DNA test to confirm the findings that his great-grandfather, a slave, was owned by an ancestor of the late Sen. Strom Thurmond.


I'm drawing a blank. I don't know what to say about that.

Update: CNN has a video of Sharpton talking about the shock of finding out the news.

1 Comments:

At February 27, 2007 1:47 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

First of all, I'm not a big believer in DNA. Perhaps the technology and science is true but than you have to realize that the lab-techs can be bought and paid for... I knew Al Sharpton was not shut out of the club because sandler has had him in flicks. Either they are both in the same club trying to overpower the REAL news or al sharpton is an actor again. I mean ... the timing ....

In Tampa the former slaves now sell meth and stuff with their former owners. That wasn't really a shock to me but it is kind of sickening to see how they've sold themselves this time. They might have mercedes and this and that but they are workin under the thumb of the man still.

I got all this information from an eye-opening lil festival of Tampa information by ... Brown, C. I still haven't finished it. Maybe Creighton Brown.
Anyway, it kinda fits this picture if you think about it. They've never really parted company; there's a co-dependence and a trust and a familiarity there and the subservient relationship is already in place (Tampa)
I don't mean to sound cynical but the timing is just amazing, ain't it?
George has totally taken the fun out of mainstream news for me because when it's something outlandish I feel like I must go on an indepth HUNT for what is really happening that he's trying to have obscured (media control rampant under this admin)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home