Monday, January 22, 2007

Mr. G Meets Sam Brownbeck

Mr. G Bob writes about attending a luncheon featuring Sam Brownbeck. He compares and contrast Brownbeck to Mitt Romney. Mr. G also touches on other contenders in the Republican presidential field.

I added my two cents in the comments.

Hillary won't be the nominee. The left and right hate her. Who's left as her base? G, you're right about Brownbeck. He is as exciting as a snail he is the right's answer to Evan Bayh. Try staying awake while live-blogging that presidential debate.

G, deal with the fact you are not getting a social conservative. Even if you do he will screw you on promises like every other Republican. The GOP view conservative Christians as $ and GOTV. Get ready to hear Giuliani say the words "I accept your nomination." McCain is going to be dragged down by Iraq. George Allen was your side's best hope. We both know he's not running.

I don't think Romney being a Mormon will hurt him as much as people think. Considering how weak the field is. Romney's problem is fibbing. He guaranteed he was going to run for a second term and flip-flopped on abortion and gay marriage.

Update: I wrongly credited the Peer Review to Mr. G. The post was written by Bob. I forget to look at my scorecard for all the Misters at Peer Review.

3 Comments:

At January 22, 2007 8:15 AM , Blogger Jim Johnson said...

I think you're wrong about Hillary. She will win the money battle, mostly because there isn't a single alternative -- but many alternatives. Edwards, Obama, Richardson, Dodd, Biden... they will split the "Anti-Hillary" support. She will also have her husband's network.

Could Hillary be the Howard Dean? The early front runner who falls apart somehow? Doubtful. With Vilsack running in Iowa, those caucuses are less important. The real first race will be New Hampshire and Nevada. Edward won South Carolina in 2004, so we know how important that will be.

Ultimately, I really don't see how Hillary can lose the nomination.

 
At January 22, 2007 2:23 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

G, I make the correction.

 
At January 22, 2007 2:47 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Jim, I don't question the fundraising power of Bill Clinton. Anyone who does is a fool. I question Hillary's skill to connect with voters. Edwards and Obama are much more adept. Personally, I'm holding out hope for Wesley Clark to announce his candidacy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home