Sunday, January 21, 2007

Contact Sticks of Fire Advertisers On Hate Post

Here is a follow up to my post on Rachel Moran wanting to beat homeless people on-camera. Since she is still writing there it is obviously that webmasters Tommy Duncan or Bill Sharpe aren't bothered by the post. So, they shouldn't be bothered if people contact their advertisers.

Private Label Gifts
Phone (813) 253-2233
Fax (813) 253-3399
email - scigars@tampabay.rr.com

Channelside Art
Phone (813) 221-9393
Fax 727 823-7946
800 864-4611
ckeysock@aol.com

BoConcept®
Tel. (201) 433-4461
Fax (201) 433-1281
Email boconcept@boconcept-usa.com

Boombus
Phone 1-800-BOOMBUS
Email info@boombus.com

South Tampa Cigars
(813) 253-2233
Fax (813) 253-3399
Toll Free 1-877-99CIGAR (24427)
Joe Lackey – scigars@tampabay.rr.com

Funny Bio
info@funnybio.com

AMERICAN BALLOON RIDES
americanballoonrides.com
Phone: (813) 243-9507
Email: sales@americanballoonrides.com

MacDintons
Phone 813-251-8999
e-mail welcome@macdintons.com

Access Tampa Bay
Email - jobs@lulu.com

Don't waste your time contacting the Jobsite Theatre. David Jenkins of Jobsite is a friend and supporter of Rachel.

Update: In the comments, David Jenkins clarifies his position. I still have problems with it. But not with David personally. I'm still not going to put Jobsite Theatre on the list and please don't contact the company about Rachel's post.

Word of advise to David: when someone leaves your organization off a list, such as this, the best thing to do is not say anything. I appreciate the feedback, but another blogger or grassroots group (who have more clout than me) may not be so gracious.

9 Comments:

At January 21, 2007 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for jumping on this. I couldn't get to it for a day or so (forever in the blogosphere!)

I've been real busy trying to find a couple of my clients in the homeless camps out in the woods. Takes a lot of time.

 
At January 21, 2007 8:26 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

I seriously doubt you called all those businesses on a sunday.

 
At January 21, 2007 9:12 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

It's been awhile since I had an anonymous troll. Unfortunately, you not as entertaining as Bryan was. I know you're typing words to work out that personal pent up aggression. Two things: I bet you're male and were closer to your mom than father.

 
At January 21, 2007 9:56 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

The father and mother thing is what I expected.

What do you define as minor rage rage? Because there seems to be a rage problem. You obviously feel a compulsive need to play comment tag with me.

I'm betting that you don't have the opportunity to express your opinion offline because you're repressed. That explains you digging Rachel's post on beating up homeless people.

 
At January 22, 2007 2:34 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Glad to hear you're working on those rage issues. I hope they weren't expensive sunglasses.

"... but I'm also not sure how you can make a call for readers to call another bloggers advertisers or law enforcement agency, because you disagree with a post they made. Either way, rest assured I am not acting out of range or anger. Disbelief maybe, but not rage."

1. Because Rachel discussed planning on beating a homeless person on camera and videotaping it.

2. Informing advertizers is a form of protest. Tommy Duncan and Bill Sharpe will think twice about that post when they're hit in the pocketbook.

 
At January 22, 2007 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,

I posted a similar comment to the FPC blog, which it appears has already unfortunately disappeared.

I think you've misrepresented me in your comment that I'm a "friend and supporter" of Rachel.

I very clearly stated I knew her in passing, but knew some of her fellow students who are still her friends from Stetson. I clearly stated I didn't think she was serious about filming anything. I also clearly stated I don't advocate beating anyone up and that her friend Eddie sounded like a dick. The only statement of support I made is that I also agree that aggressive panhandling is a problem and that people could help eliminate it by not encouraging it.

I left a follow-up on my own blog, http://maladrin.blogspot.com.

I really hope there can be more actual discussion on this issue than lynch-mob forming.

 
At January 22, 2007 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - so I couldn't read that white type in the yellow box - sorry, it says the comment is awaiting moderation. It didn't go anywhere ... I only noticed that after I tried to repost my comment.

 
At January 22, 2007 4:21 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

As I mentioned to David at his blog, Rachel has a history of doing what she says.

***

David, no one that's criticizing Rachel is condoning the homeless being agrressive or criminal behavior. The problem with Rachel's post was her planning to have a homeless man assaulted on-camera. The insensitivity would should make it the usual hateful blog post that we see on the internet everyday.

You admit that you don't know Rachel that well. Therefore, you can't be certain that she will follow through on her plans. I certainly hope not.

People used to think she was making up her drug use on her blog. Then she got a posession charge. This girl tends to do what she writes on her blog. She wrote the street corner she lived on when she was in Ybor.

Unfortunately, that tends to draws stalkers. Short answer: I have no reason not to believe she would be foolish enough to plan a crime online.

David, I had a feeling that you would contact me about the post. I'm more than happy to reword it. But I certain that you aren't asking me to put you theatre company on the advertisers' list. Think this out. The less you're involved with this controversy the better.

***

Her lifestyle choice is up to her. But judging by her past writing. She seems to do what she states.

"PS: Also please don't call the cops on me about the illegal thoughts I have had during road rage incidents."

I wasn't planning on it.

 
At February 10, 2010 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Best regards
Steave Markson

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home