Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hillary Clinton Makes It Official



Hillary Rodham Clinton officially announces she is running for President. Judging by her wooden delivery, she is going to need her speech coach. My problem with Clinton is I have no idea where is stands. The biggest news she made was her grandstanding on flag burning and video games. I feel a Senator should be spending more time on issues like national security and the deficit. I haven't read one progressive blogger who is excited about Clinton running. That doesn't mean they aren't out there. But I'm sure they are in the minority.

The right will have a feeding frenzy on Clinton. It may get Atrios worked up. I will just shake my head because there are better female Democrats who are more deserving than Clinton of the massive media attention. Would I take Nancy Pelosi over Clinton? Damn right I would. Pelosi helped the Democrats retake the House and issued the 100 hours agenda. Hillary has stumped against Grand Theft Auto. Need I say more.

Update: M.J. Rosenberg liked Hillary's announcement. But then he is a self-professed fan. He writes that the litmus test for her will be the Middle East. I say it narrows down to one country. Her third way option for Iraq will not cut it. This is coming from someone who liked the third way policies of her husband

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home