Friday, December 08, 2006

The Hold Steady - Your Little Hoodrat Friend

I wrote about the Hold Steady before. The stuff I have heard from them reminds me of Weezer. And I'm not a Weezer fan. This song reminds me of Up In It era Afghan Whigs. Except with a worst leader singer and less tighter band. The song is addictable.

This post should make Joel happy. Perhaps he can talk Brian Eno into producing the next Hold Steady album.

Your Little Hoodrat Friend - The Hold Steady MP3

Update: I see Joel wrote about the show at Branches of Flame.

Update: The Aquarium Drunkard also made the Hold Steady/Afghan Whigs comparison.

4 Comments:

At December 08, 2006 10:26 PM , Blogger Social Anniemal said...

I've been diggin' what I hear from them...

 
At December 09, 2006 10:32 AM , Blogger Joel said...

Ha! It's happening - you'll be online ordering merchandise within the month.

The band actually sounds much tighter live.

 
At December 09, 2006 2:37 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Joel, did Scott Harrell get kicked out of his own gig for smoking?

 
At December 10, 2006 3:31 PM , Blogger Joel said...

Unfortunately I had no desire to sit through two bands just to get to THS.

Had I known it was Scott Harrell's band, well, I still wouldn't have shown up early.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home