Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dixie Chicks On Letterman

The Dixie Chicks sent conservatives in a tizzy over singer over Natalie Maines' now famous quote.


"Just so you know, we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas."


Maines was shocked by the reaction from conservatives and country music fans.
Maines apologized for her remarks. She has since taken it back.


"I apologized for disrespecting the office of the President," says Maines. "But I don't feel that way anymore. I don't feel he is owed any respect whatsoever."


The song Not Ready To Make Nice is a kiss off to the conservatives and country fans who turned against them. Maines officially becomes a great singer on the track. Her voices aches with the same power of Johnny Cash on Hurt, Paul Westerberg's impassioned plea on Unsatisfied and Patti Smith's rendition of Hey Joe. Maines spits out her lyrics like daggers.

It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

The Dixie Chicks recently performed a superb live version of Not Ready To Make Nice on David Letterman. Watch the clip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home