Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sticks of Fire v. Sticks of Fire


Best line from the election coverage last night: "Perhaps voters are stupid." Dan Ruth, in response to NewsChannel8's Lance Williams asking why the voters approved every amendment (gambling excepted). Williams wanted to know "Did they intend to send a message to both the doctors and the lawyers (re: Amendments 3, 7, 8)?"


Tommy Duncan


The part that gets my goat has more to do with the comments of some commission members:

“You know and I know people push a button and they don’t know what they’re voting for,” [Commissioner Tom] Scott said.


Editengine

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2017 10:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh well, politics will be politics. That's why I stay far from it and enjoy the outdoors. My father used to take us camping, instead of spending his time on politicians reading their spiel on national tv. Those were the best days of my childhood - my dad had time for us, not on political issues. He taught us basic survival skills, the most important is that of starting a fire. It was the most fascinating thing that I've learned and I practiced daily with my brothers until we were pros at it! Here's a good site I've stumbled that shows how it is done. Good read, if I may say so http://backpackingmastery.com/skills/starting-a-fire-with-sticks.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home