Monday, March 27, 2006

Death Of Boy At Bentley Court

I heard about a boy falling from the second story balcony of Bentley Courts. It has been talked about greatly in Suitcase City. Bentley Courts is on the corner of Fowler Avenue and 15th Street. The Tampa Tribune reports that the railing was in disrepair for over a year. The landlord, Lalchand Kallicharan, lives in New York.

Bentley Court is a rundown apartment complex with mostly black residents. The complex is in bad shape. I have done some under-the-table work for slum apartments. I was once asked to clean dead roaches out of a refrigerator that the maintenance man planned to reuse. I asked him don't the residents complain to the landlord. "He lives out-of state," he told me. That gives you an idea about the service these apartments get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home