Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sketchbook Saturday

I had a meeting today at a coffee shop with a man that wants me to draw some cartoons for a satirical project he's working on. He paid me for a couple of cartoons, due next Saturday. When I left the meeting, headed for the library, this man in the sketch was playing his guitar on the pedestrian mall. He is the first street player of the season that I've seen . He wasn't your usual "Simon and Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Waters" run-of-the-mill folkie, though (not that there's anything wrong with it). This guy was ripping through Howlin' Wolf's "Smokestack Lightning", fingerpickin' on a National Steel like there's no tomorrow, so I gave him some folding money.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



This is how we taoists tithe...

Meanwhile, I've also been asked to collaborate with Don over at The Satirical Political Report. Don is writing some pretty funny stuff, and I'm looking forward to working with him. Go check out his site for a good laugh.

Thanks also to RadRobot over at the Drawn! Forum for the help with the Blogger Template changes. Yes, that's Hunter Thompson singing a Steely Dan parody in the header.

, ,

Zencomix

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2006 8:53 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Glad to hear you're being paid for your efforts. Now if people will start paying me for my web cam efforts ...

 
At March 29, 2006 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home