Monday, March 27, 2006

Brown Has a Problem With Blacks

A friend of mine told me he had the Sunday Tampa Tribune and asked me if I would want to read it. I thought I could endure the pain. I joked to my friend that black conservative columnist Joseph Brown always writes it's-always-the-black-man's-fault pieces. I read Brown's column and laughed. I showed my friend the first paragraph.


The headline on the front page of The New York Times - "Plight Deepens for Black Men, Studies Warn" - gave me a sick feeling, not because it was depressing news, but because it was yet another pity piece.

1 Comments:

At May 08, 2009 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Tribune subscriber I looked forward to Mr. Brown's columns. He would always succinctly define his perspective. Some may suggest he was merely an "Uncle Tom", express-
ing the will of his "white mas-
sers", but then so does Bill Cosby, right? I will miss Mr. Brown's astute analysis. I wish him
well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home