Sunday, July 27, 2014

Quote of the Day

“I’m not a scientist either, but I can use my brain, and I can talk to one.” Charlie Crist, on Gov. Rick Scott unwillingness to learn more about man made climate change.

Crist recently met with Florida State University environmental science professor Jeffrey Chanton. The two discussed the threat of man made climate change. Scott has refused to meet with Professor Chanton.

“It’s to try to push the dialogue,” Crist said. “I’m convinced. I’m a believer and I notice that my opponent, Rick Scott, would not meet with this wonderful scientist. It’s important for people who have the opportunity to help direct policy to be open-minded and to listen.”

Scott has refused to say if he believes in man made climate science. That hasn't stopped him from having extremely environmentally unfriendly policies. Scott has supported and later backtracked drilling in the Everglades. Scott owns a $135,000 stake in Schlumberger Ltd. The oil company is involved in drilling near the Everglades.

Scott's environmental policies are based less on science and more on profit.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home