Monday, September 23, 2013

Rachel Sutz Pienta Is Running For VP of Florida Democratic Party Democratic Women’s Club

Rachel Sutz Pienta is running for 2nd Vice President of the Democratic Women’s Club. The DWCF is a caucus of the Florida Democratic Partic Party. Pienta is a noted Florida progressive. Pienta has a post on her resume.

I first became involved in Democratic politics as a student at the University of Florida. I was part of a team of College Democrats who worked statewide to elect President Bill Clinton. Following the 1992 election, I worked as a district intern for then-Democratic state senator Kirkpatrick and then worked on campaigns to elect Congresswoman Karen Thurman and Governor Lawton Chiles.

Later, I went to Washington to intern in Karen Thurman’s Congressional office. When I moved to Tallahassee for graduate school, I was awarded a paid legislative internship to work as a legislative policy analyst for the Florida House of Representatives on Education K-12. After my internship year, I continued to work on public policy and political campaigns.

In 2011, I helped to found a new caucus in the Florida Democratic Party - the Democratic Progressive Caucus of Florida and I currently serve on the caucus Board of Directors (http://www.progressivedemcaucusfl.org/). In 2012, I was selected to chair and host the Florida Democratic Party’s Small County Coalition Conference in Wakulla County. I currently serve as the Secretary for the Small County Coalition.

Over the past three years, I have also served on two statewide Democratic Party committees – serving on the team of authors who wrote the Florida Democratic Party’s state platform and serving on the team that developed an endorsement and slating procedure for statewide candidates. I currently serve on the FDP Campaign Committee.

I also served on the North Florida Finance committee for the Obama Campaign under the leadership of Allison Tant Richard.

Read Pienta's entire resume on her blog post.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home