Saturday, December 01, 2012

Drive-by Truckers - The Living Bubba (World AIDS Day)


Today is World AIDS Day. Thanks to Obamacare, health insurance companies can no longer deny coverage to people with the HIV virus.

Patterson Hood wrote the song The Living Bubba for the late musican Gregory Dean Smalley. The founder of the Bubbapaooza music festival in Atlanta, Smalley died of AIDS. Smalley played gigs in several different bands until his death. The Living Bubba is a tribute to Smalley continuing to play music until his final days.

I wake up tired and I wake up pissed
wonder how I ended up like this
I wonder why things happen like they do

I'm sick at my stomach from the A.Z.T.
Broke my bank cause that shit ain't free
but I'm here to stay (at least another week or two)
I can't die now cause I got another show to do

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home