Friday, November 16, 2012

John McCain Blows Off Benghazi Briefing

President Barack Obama called out Sen. Lindsey Graham and Sen. John McCain for their politically motivated attacks on Benghazi. CNN asked McCain why he missed a briefing on Benghazi, McCain had a public meltdown.

“I have no comment about my schedule and I’m not going to comment on how I spend my time to the media,” McCain said.

Asked why he wouldn’t comment, McCain grew agitated: “Because I have the right as a senator to have no comment and who the hell are you to tell me I can or not?”

When CNN noted that McCain had missed a key meeting on a subject the senator has been intensely upset about, McCain said, “I’m upset that you keep badgering me.”

We saw this in the 2008 campaign. When McCain goes toe to toe politically with Obama he chokes in a very big way. If the Republicans want a national security attack dog then it needs to be someone else but McCain. Personally, I see McCain blowing off the briefing as proof Ochoa lack of seriousness of national security issues. This is old news to me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home