Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quote of the Day

"And so this idea that we didn’t ask that question while Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was being waterboarded, (John McCain) doesn’t understand how enhanced interrogation works. I mean, you break somebody, and after they’re broken, they become cooperative."

Rick Santorum

McCain understands more about enhanced interrogation. McCain was tortured by the North Vietnamese military during his time as a POW. Santorum proclaims himself to be a Christian. I wonder if Santorum believes Pontius Pilate was using enhanced interrogation techniques to make Jesus admit he is the King of Jews.

Update: Santorum attempts to backpedal.


"I disagree with Senator McCain's view that the enhanced interrogation techniques used on a select few high-value terrorist detainees were unsuccessful nor do I believe they amounted to torture," Santorum said in a statement Wednesday. "For anyone to infer my disagreement with Senator McCain's policy position lessens my respect for his service to our country and all he had to endure is outrageous and unfortunate."


Perhaps Santorum would like to try waterboarding and find find if it amounts to torture. I somehow doubt Santorum has the courage. McCain's aide Mark Salter fired off this hysterical tweet that best sums up Santorum.


Ron Paul may be the wackiest candidate in the GOP field. But for pure, blind stupidity nobody beats Santorum. In my 20 years in the Senate, I never met a dumber member, which he reminded me of today.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home