Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Newt Gingrich Imploding

Via Litbrit: Politico reports that Newt Gingrich owes Tiffany’s $500,000. Originally Gingrich's wife Callista listed money owed Tiffany's on her personal financial disclosure to the House Agriculture Committee. Mrs. Gingrich list the debt has between $250,000 to $500,000 and belonging to her husband. The debt was accumulated on a credit card.

Politico asked Gingrich's spokesman Rick Tyler if the debt has been paid off.


“No comment,” he said in an email.


I take that as no.

The Gingrich Tiffany's bill started in 2005. I somehow doubt Gingrich is buying himself a cock stud piercing. Gingrich is spending big time on Callista. Litbrit provides her usual keen insight in a tweet.


Newt Gingrich owes Tiffany's SIX FIGURES? Freedom isn't free, and neither is 6 yrs.' worth of backseat blowjobs


Newt is really having a bad day. Newt was hit with glittery confetti at an anti-gay event by a gay rights activist.



Newt also had to apologize to Rep. Paul Ryan for criticizing his budget.


"I want to set a precedent for new kinds of presidential campaigns," he told van Susteren. "I made a mistake and I called Paul Ryan today, who's a very close personal friend, and I said that."


Is Newt's campaign even going to make it to 2012?

Update: Gingrich dodges answering questions about his Tiffany's bill during an appearance on Greta Van Susteren's show.


“Later on I want you to watch this segment,” Gingrich lectured Van Susteren. “Notice I talked about jobs. I talked about the price of gasoline. I talked all these real problems for real Americans.”

Van Susteren admitted, “And I brought this one up.”

“And it sorta think it fit in perfectly,” Gingrich said. “And my answer to you is, I'm not commenting on stuff like that. I'm perfectly happy to talk about what we need to do for America and what we need to do to help Americans. But I frankly don't want to play the gotcha games in Washington.”

After tussling a few more minutes, the host relented.

“I'm bringing it up because I think — whatever,” she said. “I guess others will chase it down and figure it out.”


All these years and Gingrich still chokes in the spotlight. The media is going to keep asking Gingrich about Tiffany's and his no comment response is not going to cut it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home