Friday, February 04, 2011

Quote of the Day

"I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across the country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in the 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral belief to me? And I'm even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. And the religious factions will go on imposing their will on others unless the decent people connected with them recognize that religion has no place in public policy."

Sen. Barry Goldwater

Can I get an amen?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home