Thursday, November 04, 2010

Karen Thurman Letter to Supporters

Florida Democratic Party chair Karen Thurman sent this email out to supporters. The last few paragraphs, that I highlighted in bold, leave me shaking my head.


Florida Democrats

Friend,

While we came up short in this election, the issues and ideas that our Democratic leaders continue fighting for -- bringing jobs to Florida, solving the foreclosure crisis, and improving our public schools for Florida's children -- are critically important to the future of the Sunshine State.

Today, we are more determined than ever to hold Republican politicians accountable.

I would like to personally thank everyone who volunteered at our Campaign for Accountability offices across Florida, the grassroots activists and elected leaders who work so hard to make the Sunshine State a better place to live, and all of the Floridians who contributed to the Florida Democratic Party over this last several years.

We energized millions of voters in this state. Because of the amazing operation we built, those Floridians got engaged in this campaign, they learned about the issues facing the state we love, and they stood up for Democratic leaders we can believe in.

That accomplishment alone takes Florida -- and our country -- forward. That is a feat worth celebrating.


Thank you so much for everything you've done -- and for believing in a brighter future for Florida.

Karen Thurman
Florida Democratic Party Chair


The Florida Democratic Party's GOTV effort is worth celebrating. I don't know what to say. I have been talking to people and no one can figure out what was the FDP's GOTV drive.

University of Florida political science Professor Daniel Smith sent me two tweets on the FDP's GOTV effort.


Word is FL Dem's coord campaign was GOTV disaster, but (Alex) Sink & Steve Schale worked independ & performed better


I asked Smith is he aware of anything that the FDP did to increase voter turnout. His response wasn't reassuring.


Got me.


I got into a food fight with the Meek campaign. I don't feel like going through the same thing with Thurman and the FDP. I do wonder what Thurman is thinking when she describes her GOTV drive as an "amazing operation we built." I am more amazed the FDP thought this email was a good idea.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home