Sunday, September 19, 2010

Power Line jumps off the Teabagger Express

Lest there be any doubt, if I were a resident of Delaware, I would vote for O'Donnell. That is because she is far preferable to her "bearded Marxist" opponent. But O'Donnell is, nevertheless, a lousy candidate. I'm sorry, but politics is not about snatching random people out of the crowd and making them one of 100 United States Senators. Those who seek high office need to be qualified as leaders. They must be thoughtful and intelligent; they must have accomplishments in the public, or, better yet, the private sphere.

Christine O'Donnell has none of the above qualities. If the best we can say about her is that her "dabbling in witchcraft" is excusable, I rest my case. She will be a laughingstock for the next six weeks, I fear, and then will be clobbered in the general election. Whether this is better or worse than having Mike Castle as a Senator is a legitimately debatable point. But I don't see how any conservative can deny that it would be better if the Republican Party had nominated a stronger and more qualified conservative to represent Delaware in the Senate.
- Power Line, "Christine O'Donnell's Career, RIP"

Never before in my blogging life have I seen any person or issue nudge Power Line even slightly to the Left. Though I love how he'd still vote for her regardless, if he lived in Delaware. When you sleep with the dogs, I guess it's awfully tough to rid yourself of dem fleas.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home