Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Kendrick Meek Zombie Watch: The Blog Ad Buy No Deal

Peter Schorsch has a great take on what went wrong with the Kendrick Meek campaign's new media outreach program. Schorsch checked for reactions of Team Meek no longer having a new media director.


“Kendrick Meek had a new media director?”

That was the first reaction I received when I asked a few politicos to discuss the implications of Kenneth Quinnell’s announcement last night that he has left the Meek campaign.


Kenneth Quinnell lamented that I didn't know what he did. Kenneth, most people in Florida politics didn't know you existed. For the record: I couldn't figure out what you did. At least give me credit for acknowledging your existence.

Schorsch goes into detail about how the Meek campaign reneged on the promise to buy ads on blogs. I heard bits and pieces of this, but was never in on it. Abe Dyk, in his brilliance, pulled the plug on the blog ad buy deals. I don't know which blogs were part of the deal, but A list blogs are going to blow off Team Meek after reneging on buying ad space. The mistake was fatal and shows how Dyk doesn't understand the lefty blogosphere.

Side note: thanks to Peter Schorsch for the nice words about this blog in his post.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home