Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Annette Taddeo Not Running For CFO

Annette Taddeo sent out a press release to inform the media she is not running for Florida's Chief Financil Officer. Taddeo unsuccessfuly ran against Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in 2008.


In recent days and weeks, I have been encouraged to make a run for the Democratic nomination for the office of Chief Financial Officer of the State of Florida. Friends and supporters have been vocal in their support and I was especially moved by the “Draft Taddeo” movement among the Netroots organizers who were so involved in my run for Congress in 2008.

I have taken time to seriously examine this opportunity and to confer with family, friends and supporters. I’ve had an opportunity to do some soul searching about my future and I’ve come to some clear realizations. I am most passionate about my family, my business and public service. I’ve dedicated my entire life to family, while dedicating my professional life to building and growing my company, LanguageSpeak. Through my service on a variety of public boards and groups and then my run for Congress, I have been able to follow my passion for public service.

The Chief Financial Officer position is very appealing to me. I believe my background as the owner and active CEO of a small business gives me the skills I would need to serve the people of Florida in this position. As I examined the opportunity, I felt confident I could raise the money to be competitive and that I could do the job well and with vision.

But something was missing.

Just over a week ago, the House of Representatives passed landmark legislation to attack climate change and to address our dependence on foreign oil and the deadly greenhouse gasses that fossil fuels spew into our environment. I followed that debate with rapt attention and realize the legislation isn’t perfect. However, in spite of the science, in spite of the clear and present danger climate change presents to the future of Florida, my own member of Congress voted against the bill.

I realized at that moment what was missing as I considered the CFO race. I just wasn’t passionate about it at this time. I am passionate about climate change and health care and restoring our economy. I am passionate about economic development and job creation and making sure America is on the forefront of innovation for the future. I feel we are being let down, once again, by political leaders who can’t see beyond the next election.

Therefore, I have decided not to be a candidate for CFO or any other office at this time. I hope and believe that I will run for public office again in the near future. I have decided to keep my focus on my family, my business and to engage in public policy from the perspective of a wife, mother, business owner and activist for now. Thank You.


Translation: Democratic Party insiders are telling Taddeo she is too weak of a candidate. The best Democratic candidate being mentioned is Miami Mayor Manny Diaz. No word on if Diaz will run.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home