Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Michael Steele Quote Machine

I am going to miss Michael Steele after Republicans boot him out of the RNC. Steele has been a quote machine.

"Not in the history of mankind has the government ever created a job."

Steele, on the stimulus package. Steele once held the government job of being Maryland's Lt. Governor.

"... is just a wish list from a lot of people who have been on the sidelines for years.. to get a little bling, bling."

Steele, on the stimulus package.

"It will come to the table with things that will surprise everyone - off the hook."

Steele, on how the RNC will use hip hop music.

"Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush Limbaugh — his whole thing is entertainment. He has this incendiary — yes, it's ugly."

Steele, on D.L. Hughley's show.

"My intent was not to go after Rush - I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh. I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. ... There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership."

Steele, publicly apologizing to Limbaugh.

"The mice who are scurrying about the Hill are upset because they no longer have access to the cheese, so they don't know what's going on."

Steele, on fellow Republicans that want him to step down as RNC chair.

"Yeah. I mean, again, I think that’s an individual choice."

Steele, stating he is pro-choice in GQ.

"I am pro-life, always have been, always will be. I tried to present why I am pro-life while recognizing that my mother had a 'choice' before deciding to put me up for adoption."

Steele, backtracking from his pro-choice stance.

"Oh, no. I don’t think I’ve ever really subscribed to that view, that you can turn it on and off like a water tap. Um, you know, I think that there’s a whole lot that goes into the makeup of an individual that, uh, you just can’t simply say, oh, like, “Tomorrow morning I’m gonna stop being gay.” It’s like saying, “Tomorrow morning I’m gonna stop being black."

Steele in GQ, saying homosexuality in genetic.

"I'm in the business of ticking people off. That's why I'm chairman."

Steele, under the false impression his job is to piss off people in his own party.

Update: more Steele madness.

"Consider it if the opportunity was there and it was right. God has a way of revealing stuff to you and making it real for you through others. And if that's part of the plan it will be the plan."

Michael Steele, on a potential presidential run.

"I'm very introspective about things. I'm a cause-and-effect kind of guy. So if I do something, there's a reason for it... It may look like a mistake, a gaffe. There is a rationale, there is a logic behind it," he said. "I want to see what the landscape looks like. I want to see who yells the loudest. I want to know who says they're with me but really isn't."

Michael Steele, saying his feud and apology to Rush Limbaugh was planned.

"Was I partying? Absolutely! Absolutely! I was like 'Look at her. Hey, what's up!' I was doing the whole thing."

Michael Steele, on being kicked out of John Hopkins University.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2009 12:47 PM , Anonymous Attila the Plumber said...

It's important to keep a running record of this fool's quotes. This, after all, is the "leader" of the Republican Party. What a joke!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home