Wednesday, March 11, 2009

13 Monsters - Lightning Bolt

Just in case anyone is wondering where I got my new Twitter name from, here's a video of the song itself -- Lightning Bolt's "13 Monsters." (The actual song starts after a minute.) Lightning Bolt hails from the Providence noise rock scene, centered around the defunct Fort Thunder -- both entities have become international underground legends. My old band never got to play at Fort Thunder (it was torn down to make room for a supermarket's parking lot; there's, uh, "progress" for ya), but when trying to setup a show at the Fort I gave our demo to a member of Lightning Bolt and he thought it was cool. That kind of gratification makes me prideful.

Anyways, the song!



The singer and bassist from my old band formed another band that's still playing shows, Suffering Bastard. If you want a taste of the crazy they (and I, albeit used to) deliver...



And yes, I do think your favorite band sucks, too.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home