Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Another Hillsborough Republican Racist Obama Joke

David Storck was forced to step down as Hillsborough County Republican Party chairman. Storck forwarded a racist email with the goal of helping John McCain defeat Barack Obama. Needless to say, Obama won Florida and Hillsborough County.

Apparently, the HCRP didn't learn their lesson. HCRP committeewoman Carol Carter made a disparaging email remark about the intelligence of black people.


From: Carol Carter
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 9:30 AM
Subject: FW: Amazing!

I'm confused

How can 2,000,000 blacks get into Washington, DC in 1 day in sub zero temps when 200,000 couldn't get out of New Orleans in 85 degree temps with four days notice?

Carol Carter

And a few hours later:

From: Carol Carter
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 5:54 PM
Subject: Earlier email

I have been asked to send this apology for my earlier email. I am sorry that it was received in a negative manner. I do hope that we are going to be allowed to keep our sense of humor.

As you can now see, it went to very few people. I did add Todd Marks in this apology, as he is in the mix now. I am also sorry to learn that some of these persons are not real team players. There really was no reason for this to go beyond those that I emailed ( 8 people). This was not an email blast as I do not have that capability.

Carol


Carter is sorry because RPoF chairman Jim Greer may force her to step down.


"Carol Carter has been a hard-working, loyal Republican for many years, but this action I have no tolerance for, regardless of the circumstances or intent," a furious Greer said of Carter's e-mail reported tonight on The Buzz. "I am currently considering all options, including my authority to revoke her from the office of state committeewoman. I'm pretty much done with those sorts of inappropriate and, and - I am at a loss for words. I just came back from Washington D.C. working to get our first African-American elected as (Republican National Committee) chairman. It's one thing to have a person express their thoughts and humor. It's another to have a leader of the Republican party. I'm just done with it."


The Republican Party is at a crossroads. Jeb Bush wants to reach out to Hispanics. Greer has been actively courting black voters. The majority of the party is stuck in the Southern strategy. This fearmongering is bad for the country and political discourse. This is a battle within the GOP that will play out for the next several years.

Update: Carter resigned.

My troll traffic came from the online forum Niggerfuxation and TNB. A sample of their thoughless prose.


I just sent Jim Greer an e-mail calling him a butt buddy for Niggers (not those words, but that his essentially what I said) Called him a spineless coward.


Their oh-so-unbrave anonymous N&TNB posters called me an "ass" and a "libtard." That is better than being a bigot.

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At February 05, 2009 12:59 AM , Blogger The Donkey said...

"I do hope that we are going to be allowed to keep our sense of humor". That line was not bad, then she wrote,"I am also sorry to learn that some of these persons are not real team players. There really was no reason for this to go beyond those that I emailed ( 8 people)".

This tells me she is mad because someone, she trusted, spread it. She knew the joke was hateful and was surprised to learn not all her friends were as hateful.

It could be one of her friends is just as hateful then leaked it for political gain.

 
At February 05, 2009 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...nice apology! How insincere can you be?? It just really shows how crazy ignorant she is. She needs to lose her job.

 
At February 05, 2009 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really knew her, you might not be so quick to condemn her as racist. She is not, but most people have forwarded something without thinking it through, which they have later regretted. I try to reduce racism by speaking kindly to people of other races, even when they are not friendly to me. People should be more forgiving.

 
At February 06, 2009 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sick of this politically correct garbage. Get a life. It was a joke. What really pissed some folks off is that it was also a valid question. Anyone know the answer? They got into DC with gumment help. They stayed in New Orleans to loot.

 
At February 06, 2009 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That wasn't "hate." It was a JOKE. When people make jokes about Italians being mobsters (I'm Italian, but no wiseguy) or Marines being dumb (I'm a Marine, but not a stupid one) I don't get mad. I laugh, and make a joke about them. My best friend in the Corps was a "dark green Marine" (we're all green, just different shades) and we made jokes at the expense of each other's heritage all the time. I'd give my life for him, and he'd give his for me. I bet Ms. Carter's joke would have been funny if it had come from Chris Rock - right? And if you drop the racial angle, it really is a valid question. Overly sensitive people like yourself need to learn to lighten up.

 
At February 06, 2009 12:31 PM , Blogger Black Man said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 06, 2009 7:30 PM , Blogger tracyJ said...

interesting how Carter is removed from office while the off color remarks of a presidential candidate about rural America (bitter, gun and religion clinging) are brushed under the rug, excused en masse and REWARDED with votes. get some back bone people... seriously. enough pandering. it's pathetic

 
At February 07, 2009 1:39 AM , Blogger The Donkey said...

In my years on life and posting on the internet, no one ever has claimed The Donkey was sensitive until now. If one wants to defend Ms. Carter so they can live with their own stipidity, The Donkey will not interfere. There is no need to offer more proof of stupidity and hatefulness here. The shine of civility has worn off years ago. It still is a just a struggle to survive.

 
At February 08, 2009 9:36 PM , Blogger FEMily! said...

Anonymous has said so many intelligent and thought-provoking things, like "A closed mind is a good thing to lose" and "Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everybody agrees that it is old enough to know better." Why drag her great name through the mud by posting racist comments?

Well, maybe TeeRoonie should have posted anonymously, because that shit's just embarrassing. I mean, nobody wants to admit that they've lived under a rock in a parallel universe for the past 2 and a half years.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home