Friday, January 25, 2008

Quote of the Day

"But honestly, I have a hard time remembering an election where we had more qualified candidates on the Republican side. Really, if you think about it, we have a line up of heroes. Whether it be 9/11, Vietnam, faith, Conservatism, they've all got good qualities. Even Ron Paul is a hero those few Republicans who have difficulty understanding the world around them. Good for him."

Mr. G, on the outstanding caliber of Republican presidential candidates.

John McCain is a certified hero. What have the other candidates sacrificed to be worthy of such praise. Peer Review is veering into Power Line level of absurdity.


It must be very strange to be President Bush. A man of extraordinary vision and brilliance approaching to genius, he can't get anyone to notice. He is like a great painter or musician who is ahead of his time, and who unveils one masterpiece after another to a reception that, when not bored, is hostile.


I love Peer Review. The chuckles never cease.

The difference between the progressive and conservative blogosphere is lefty bloggers constantly criticize our side and candidates. Conservative bloggers grab their pom poms and start cheerleading.


I’ll say it right now, Katherine Harris is going to be Florida’s next US Senator.


Comedy gold.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 25, 2008 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZING!

I was wondering how long it would take before I caught your attention again!

I probably elevate Republicans to "hero" status faster than you, but here are my thoughts:

Giuliani's courage, conviction and handling of New York after 9/11 = hero.

Romney's courage and conviction to stand for life and traditional marriage in Massachusetts against great adversity time and time again = hero

Huckabee's consistency and pride in his Christian faith through his entire political career = hero.

These things may not qualify these men as heroes in your mind, or many of your readers, but they've demonstrated to me qualities that are not just impressive, but what I would like to see in a candidate.

Being a hero isn't always about physical sacrifice. My biggest hero in my life is my wife, and the only sacrifice she has had to make is putting up with me day in and day out.... ok, maybe she's sacrificed more than most.

And I happen to like Power Line.

And let's be honest, I'm pretty critical our Republican candidates in this race, and previous ones as well. Republicans have no harsher critics than Republicans because unlike the democrats, Republican arguments against candidate actually often make sense.

That's right. I said it.

You almost sold me on Alan Keyes with your endorsement. Keep trying. And yes, I give him hero status as well. We've got a lot of them on this side of the isle.

 
At January 25, 2008 5:32 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

I'm surprised my Alan Keyes endorsement didn't get more attention.

Romney will be the nominee. I think many Religious conservatives will question him on his flip flopping.

McCain doesn't have the money to compete in Super Tuesday. Romney can give to his own campaign and he is a better fundraiser.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home