Friday, November 09, 2007

Punked

Mr. G has been punked. I have written before about how the G Man doesn't understand scientific research. Amanda Marcotte and I challenged the bogus science of Karen Malec. Mr. G posted it because it confirmed his unfounded believe that abortions cause cancer.

What Mr. G fell for is comedy gold.


I, along with a number of other bloggers, and even Rush Limbaugh, apparently, fell for what has turned out to be a complete hoax. A made up abstract published at the website of a fake science journal purports to explain global warming by monitoring bacteria emissions. As I stated in the post, I can't claim to understand the research which formed the basis of the argument in the paper, which is now obvious as it was totally made up. It struck me as interesting and I brought it to you.


Michael Berube an brilliant post on how conservative bloggers are utterly predictability. Berube wrote parody posts of conservative. Roger L. Simon eerily wrote similarly worded posts.

Berube:


Everything changed for me on September 11. I used to consider myself a Democrat, but thanks to 9/11, I’m outraged by Chappaquiddick.


Simon:


The big loser of the confirmation hearings so far is Teddy Kennedy. In his hectoring and tasteless attack on Samuel Alito he has succeeded in nothing but reminding us of his (Teddy’s) past. While Alito may have been associated with a creepy Princeton alumni publication of twenty years ago, Kennedy was associated was something much worse than that—and we all know it. . . . When Mrs. Alito walked out of the room, I thought of Mary Jo Kopechne.


I wish a wrote a parody post about organic foods causing global warming.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home