Sunday, November 11, 2007

:: Naked Brunch: Of Impeachment & Snowmen ::

When Snowmen Go Bad by R. Dowling
Rob Dowling
has begun the second year of his snowman series, entitled "The Snowman Chronicles." The first is simply a hoot! I have several of these from last year and I love them. In fact, I am bidding on #1 in the series right now named, "When Snowmen Go Bad." The bidding is open on the first in this series until November 16th. Keep an eye out for more in the series by checking my sidebar under Robert Dowling. The bidding was wild on these paintings last year, so bid soon, bid often and bid to win. I plan to.

Tori Amos will be in town at the Majestic on Monday, November 26th.
I wish I could find a decent ticket. Until then, here are some of my favorite renditions of "Leather," "Crucify" (live from Paris), and "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Amos is a powerful performer. Which is why I won't reduce myself to rotten tickets. I want in the first 5 rows. Maybe, I'll just go to Paris. I've been considering flying to Scotland to see Ray LaMontagne (Abbey Road: go to Footage, select LaMontagne), anyway. BTW, don't forget, you can check out some of my all time favorite music videos and cool movies at Live Digital.










The battle waged in the House over the impeachment of Dicklesshead Cheney, as pressed by Dennis Kucinich is impressive. Go Dennis! And, those so-called leadership Dems that don't agree....go fuck yourselves, you weakminded assholes. Not the time? When is the time? When we go to war with Iran based on fabricated BS again? The Raw Story has the letter Kucinich wrote to the Judiciary Committee Chair, John Conyers regarding H. Res. 799, the Articles of Impeachment against VP Cheney.

Who the hell is Hannah Montana and why the hell should anyone give a shit? Absurd!

Mukasey doesn't know that Kings and Waterboarding are bad for Democracy:

"Are we just going to have another attorney general that's just going to kowtow to the king -- the president. I'm sorry I get those terms kinda confused here when I'm talking about Bush; I don't know if he's king or president," Harkin told his colleagues from the Senate floor Thursday.

Port-a-John

I've been out of town again for the past week and returned Friday night. The whole week was basically a mini-nightmare travel misadventure. That should be it for a while anyway for my traveling, workwise. Whew. At least I came back to good news that the little town I live in of a whopping 6,000 people were smart enough to pass the charter granting the City Home Rule Authority rather than General Law City.

WHY???? (Stupid)

1,300 Tons of Hell (Not Cool)

Clinton Plants Q's (Not Cool)

55-Cancri in the constellation Cancer (Cool!)

DRM-free music .... yahoo! (Get the latest iTunes and you too can have DRM-free MP3 downloaded music.) (Most Excellently Cool!)

Community-associated methicillin-resistant staph infections (Absolutely Uncool!)

The Golden Compass: (Very Cool!)

Gossip
Title: Insanity
Its been quite amazing to see people get worked up about these books in recent weeks. Before I read them, I had never once heard of them, but no a lot of people are in a stir. Truth be told, my thoughts about the "anti-religion" theme to the series is that it is only secondary, and really the books are just about an amazing adventure. If parents are so concerned with their kids becoming atheist after reading or watching the movie, then maybe they should be more apt to discuss the difference between their reality and fiction with their kids.

I agree. Here's the teaser:








Weird Plant Growth

On Vibrator Smuggling....and more!

Little known Vibrator facts:

The treatment wasn't generally thought of as sexual, but rather as ho-hum therapy. Not surprisingly, it was a cash cow for the medical profession. Women had to return week after week, year after year. But doing it by hand was exhausting, tedious work; some women had to be massaged for an hour before they reached paroxysm.

The use of vulvular massage as a therapy for "hysterical" patients dates back to Hippocrates. During the 19th century, it caught on as a treatment for the rampantly diagnosed afflictions hysteria and neurasthenia. The doctor of Alice James, the sickly sister of the famous Henry and William, probably brought her routinely to "hysterical paroxysm."

Thus, entrepreneurial doctors experimented with mechanizing the process. Hydrotherapy—the shooting of water directly at the patient's reproductive region—proved effective and became quite fashionable. It had its drawbacks, though: It was messy, expensive, and not easily portable.

Wow. My doctor never did this for me before...
I'm gonna go have me some hydrotherapy now. Good day.

tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home