Friday, August 10, 2007

Giuliani vs. Rescue Workers



Rudy Giuliani has a huge ego to claim he was at Ground Zero more than many rescue workers.


"This is not a mayor or a governor or a president who's sitting in an ivory tower," he said. "I was at ground zero as often, if not more, than most of the workers. I was there working with them. I was there guiding things. I was there bringing people there. But I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm one of them."


Rescue workers are having a problem with Giuliani's statement.


And Battalion Chief John McDonnell, head of the Uniformed Fire Officers Association in New York, added: "I have a real problem with that statement. I think he's really grasping and trying to justify his previous attempts to portray himself as the hero of 9/11."


This could become a bigger problem for Giuliani.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 13, 2007 2:10 AM , Blogger Tucker said...

You know, after the firefighters released a video about how Rudy's complete and utter incompetence helped cause the deaths of over a hundred firefighters on 9/11, I expected it to do some damage to his campaign. Hell, in a just world, such news would cause a scandal and skin a presidential candidate's hopes. But nope, not a peep.. I guess mismanagement doesn't count as a story against a man who seeks to manage the entire nation. Better luck next time... Hey, maybe if he gets a $400 haircut, then they will be a scandal against him!\

Fuckin. A.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home