Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sheehan Vs Pelosi?

I mentioned before that I wished Cindy Sheehan would stop imploding and just get on with her life. Sheehan is now openly challenging Nancy Pelosi for her seat.


CRAWFORD, Texas - Cindy Sheehan, the soldier's mother who galvanized the anti-war movement, said Sunday that she plans to seek House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's congressional seat unless she introduces articles of impeachment against President Bush in the next two weeks.


Sheehan said she will run against the San Francisco Democrat in 2008 as an independent if Pelosi does not seek by July 23 to impeach Bush. That's when Sheehan and her supporters are to arrive in Washington, D.C., after a 13-day caravan and walking tour starting next week from the group's war protest site near Bush's Crawford ranch.


"Democrats and Americans feel betrayed by the Democratic leadership," Sheehan told The Associated Press. "We hired them to bring an end to the war. I'm not too far from San Francisco, so it wouldn't be too big of a move for me. I would give her a run for her money."


Sheehan will get killed running against Pelosi. Challenging the most powerful member of Congress without the backing of a major political party or fundraisers is foolhardy. It is typical Sheehan. She has turned political suicide into an art form. Who could have imagined the valiant mother would become Ralph Nader?

Another question: what happened to Sheehan resigning from the anti-war movement.


This is my resignation letter as the "face" of the American anti-war movement. This is not my "Checkers" moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.


Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.


It wasn't the "Checkers moment." It was another Nixon moment.


You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference.


Sigh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 10, 2007 11:41 AM , Blogger Tucker said...

I don't mind somebody running to put political pressure on Pelosi, but my problem with Sheehan running is that she's not a local candidate. I think only local candidates should run for local elections, even if the office in contest has national implications. Members of Congress nd Senate are supposed to be representatives of where they live.

(And yes, before anybody asks, I was against Hillary Clinton running for Senate in New York, too.)

 
At July 11, 2007 7:21 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

ME TOO !! What kinda crap was that??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home