Sunday, June 24, 2007

Quote of the Day

Mitt Romney really wanted to serve his country in Vietnam. It's that pesky draft deferral to do missionary work in France that got in the way.


"I really don’t recall thinking about political positions when I was knocking at the door in France" as a missionary, Romney said. "I was supportive of my country. I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there and in some ways it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam."


It would have been more convincing if Romney did missionary work in Sudan or some other third world hell hole. France isn't exactly toughing it out. A reporter should ask Romney if he wanted to serve so bad than why didn't he enlist. It's a fair question.

I don't blame any person of draft age for not serving in Vietnam. Johnson and Nixon both thought the war was a lost cause. What is amazing is that Republican candidates can't admit the obvious. Besides, their egos being bruised for coming off as wusses. It says much about their judgement on military policy matters.

Hat tip to Liberal Avenger.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 28, 2007 2:39 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

check THIS out

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home